If you’ve been following us on Social Media, especially YouTube you would have seen all the great footage Tehya and I have been sharing from our trip to LA. One of the most common questions we’ve been asked (aside from what were you doing in LA) was where did we stay. So this is basically a quick post on the Andaz West Hollywood hotel.
Andaz West Hollywood
Address: 8401 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069, United States
Situated on Sunset Blvd in the heart of West Hollywood, the Andaz West Hollywood is a modern hotel with a sort of European feel to it. To be quite honest we were a bit confused when we first arrived and saw four computers where a normal check-in desk would be for most hotels. Self serve? Within seconds the friendly staff were assisting us in setting us up for our stay. We had arrived just after 11 am and with normal check-in time being 3 pm we went with the intention of relaxing on the pool deck while we waited for our rooms. However we were told that our rooms were ready and that we could head on up. Welcome news when you been traveling since 3.30 am.
Let’s quickly run through our observations and highlights of our stay:
- amazingly friendly and helpful staff (especially the door people and front desk staff)
- bright, clean and as mentioned a very modern feel to everything
- as with most hotels your room key will allow you use of the elevators, gym, room and rooftop pool/lounge
- room (both.. on the 4th and 9th floors) were bright, clean, well kept and odor free. Yea, I tend to pick up on funky scents very fast.
- white linen is ALWAYS a +
- bathroom was roomy, clean and well appointed
- love the fact that there was a light in the shower area (my room didn’t have a tub, but I don’t doth baths)
- the toiletries reminded me of the stuff you’d get at a spa.. my fav was the bamboo lemongrass body wash.
- toiletries, towels etc were replenished daily
- excellent water pressure and hot water
- very comfortable beds
- sufficient work area (desk)
- bright with natural light when the curtains are drawn (shaded for privacy as well)
- extended selection of TV/Movie programs and for a fee you can surf the internet with the provided keyboard or converter
- not sure how they did it, but I never came across anyone cleaning my room, but it was always done emmculate
- my room had two queen beds, while Tehya opted for a King size bed
- I was never disturbed by noise from the rooms next door nor the hallways (thick walls and doors?)
- free snacks and non-alcoholic drinks in the room
- the gym caters to a little of everything… free weights, machines and cardio equipment
- lovely view of the activity on Sunset Blvd while on the treadmill
- chilled cucumber/lemon water as well as towels are provided
- happy hour every evening in the lobby with complimentary wine and beer
- free coffee, tea selection, water and snacks in the morning in the lobby
- free water and soft drinks in the lobby
- supposed business center.. basically a couple computers (standing use only + service charge) in the lobby
- the rooftop pool area is simply stunning. From the inviting heated pool to some of the best views of the city below .
- free wifi throughout the premises
- Starbucks, Saddle Ranch Chop House, Pink Taco, Carney’s etc a few steps away
- The Comedy Store and the Katana Robata Japanese Grilled Meats & sushi is next door
- front desk staff will organize city tours for you, with hotel pick-up and return
Unlike most people I love traveling and find that I get very good sleep at the right hotel, as was the case with the Andaz West Hollywood. The beds were super comfortable, very quiet room and with my environmental type allergies, it’s nice to have a brilliantly cleaned room. Back to the toiletries again.. so refreshing and comforting to start the day with that bamboo lemongrass body-wash.
- we didn’t dine at the in-house restaurant “Riot House” nor ordered room service so I can’t comment on the food/dining situation.
I want to make special mention to the door staff, who were beyond the fake friendly for tips.. genuine guys who were willing to chat with me to share their food and about town knowledge with me.